Natural Stone 101: Everything You Need to Know About Designing with the Oldest Building Material
Non-Member Price: $50.00
Member Price: FREE
Design Community: FREE
This one-hour class is designed for construction industry professionals desiring to gain a full understanding of natural stone as a building material. Learn more about the various natural stones (limestone, travertine, onyx, marble, serpentine, sandstone, slate, quartzite, and granite). Obtain information about common quarrying techniques, fabrication, and finishing methods. With this understanding, you'll enhance your ability to select the right stone, fabrication technique, and finish for your project.
- Obtain a better understanding about how the mineral composition and formation of stone effect its performance as a building material.
- Learn about the science of each species of stone, examples of how it is quarried, unique characteristics, and common applications.
- Gain knowledge about stone fabrication and finishing methods.
- Understand the resources available that are relevant to natural stone.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA: AD101, 1.0 LU/HSW
- IDCEC: 111365, 0.1 HSW CEU
- LACES: MIA10, HSW PDH
In order to receive credit, you must complete the exam with at least 80% correct answers.