Creating a Facility Safety and Silica Program (SIE)
Non-Member Price: FREE
Join the Natural Stone Institute and Stone World Magazine as we discuss creating a stone industry safety program. Day one will include a review of the risks that businesses and employees face every day working with natural stone and successful tools to implement to reduce these risks in your facility and on jobsites. Day two will cover tools and resources available for training employees, creating an overall safety program, and becoming OSHA compliant. Leave this 2-day session with a better understanding of creating a safety program that addresses overall training, recordkeeping, noise and silica exposure, baseline testing, and issues your employees will encounter.
- Review safety risks and situations common to most stone shops.
- Learn about successful tools and strategies to make your workplace safer.
- Discuss consulting options to help you identify risks and develop a plan.
- Discuss requirements for recordkeeping, baseline testing options, and how these will protect your employees and company.
- Review an inspection checklist that will help in case an OSHA Enforcement Inspector visits your facility.
- Identify tools available to help employers ensure a safe work facility.