Natural Stone Principles
This one-hour course is your introduction to using natural stone as a building material. By reviewing the fundamentals of its formation and mineral composition, you will gain confidence in specifying this versatile material. Let us open your eyes to the endless possibilities for these beautiful, durable and valued natural stones.
- Discuss our innate connection to Mother Nature’s oldest building material.
- See the journey stone takes from quarrying, to fabrication, to final installation.
- Understand how mineral composition and formation determine stone type, fundamental properties and applications.
- Be inspired by traditional and innovative uses of natural stone in the built environment.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA CEU-113392OD, 1 LU|HSW
- IDCEC: CEU-114060, 5.3, 0.1 HSW CEU
- LACES: NSI31OD, 1 LU|HSW PDH