Using Stone in Wet Areas
Non-Member Price: $50.00
Member Price: FREE
Design Community: FREE
Stone selection is an excited process for members of the design community, as well as stone professionals. When it comes to using stone in an area defined as a “wet exposure” application, such as showers, there are some key elements you will want to be aware of. This session will provide some of the properties to be evaluated to ensure success when installing stone in wet areas, as well as some of the proven installation methods. We will also discuss common mistakes that can lead to premature failure of these applications.
- Understand the elements of wet area installation that creates greater demand on the stone’s performance.
- Learn about the installation methods that provide additional benefit to the stone and its ability to perform satisfactorily.
- Discover how fiberglass mesh compromises stone installation in wet areas.
- Familiarize oneself with the Natural Stone Institute soundness classification and how it provides selection guidance for stones in wet areas.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA – NSISE66-OD, 1 LU|HSW
- LACES – NSI48-OD, 1.0 HSW PDH
- IDCEC – CEU-114992, 5.3, 0.1 HSW CEU
In order to receive credit, you must complete the exam with at least 80% correct answers.