Natural Stone Countertops: Considerations for Marble, Granite, Quartzite and Soapstone
Non-Member Price: $50.00
Member Price: FREE
Design Community: FREE
This one-hour course will demonstrate how natural stone applications can add beauty, character, and value to any living space. By communicating the proper expectations for performance and maintenance requirements, the consumer will gain a better understanding and appreciation for using natural stone in their kitchens and bathrooms.
- Learn about the physical characteristics and properties of different types of natural stone and how to set proper expectations for their performance as a residential countertop material.
- Understand the fabrication, installation, care and maintenance of granite, marble, quartzite and soapstone to ensure longevity and consumer satisfaction.
- Learn what design aesthetics can be achieved with natural stone and why many of today’s trends favor this incredibly versatile, durable and beautiful material.
- Discover the value achieved by selecting natural stone over artificial materials for a countertop surface and leave with innovative design ideas for future projects.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA NSI38OD, 1 LU|HSW
- IDCEC: CEU-114077, 5.3, 0.1 HSW CEU
- LACES: NSI38-OD, 1.0 HSW PDH