Advanced Anchorage Systems
Many choices exist for the anchorage of natural stone units. While experienced design professionals understand the factors that influence their selections, those factors may not be obvious to all. This session will discuss specific exterior anchorage devices and illuminate the intrinsic features unique to them that makes them a favorable choice in some applications, yet an unfavorable candidate in another. Focus will also be provided on the importance of proper installation of these same devices.
- Learn why certain anchorage devices are commonly used for certain applications.
- Understand the importance of proper installation by skilled mechanics in obtaining optimum anchor performance.
- Gain knowledge of the structural load path and what portions of the path are controlled by the stone and its immediate anchors.
- Familiarize oneself in the testing options available to specifiers.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA: NSISE68-OD, 1 LU|HSW
- LACES: NSI50-OD, 1.0 HSW PDH