Exterior Adhered Stone Veneer
Many contractors and design professionals have preferences for either adhered or anchored methods of applying stone veneer, but the decision shouldn’t be based on preference. Project details, structural support, anticipated loading, stone variety, and even local climate often provide a more objective answer as to whether adhesive or anchored methods are more appropriate. This session will discuss the code mandated and industry recommended parameters that should be evaluated to determine the system to use, and the components included in that system.
- Understand the purpose of implementing IBC (Code) Limitations and restrictions for adhering stone veneer units and know how to properly follow them.
- Gain or retain the ability to verify structural and deflection limit requirements of walls to receive adhered stone veneer.
- Recognize the common adhesive methods and materials used in those systems, ensuring you select the correct product during installation.
- Identify quality control measures commonly used for adhered stone installations to ensure a project result that will result in optimal employee and consumer satisfaction.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA: NSISE72OD, 1 LU|HSW
- IDCEC: CEU-116092, 5.3, 0.1 HSW CEU
- LACES: NSISELA72OD, 1.0 HSW PDH
In order to receive credit, you must complete the exam with at least 80% correct answers.