Water: Document Review Guidance for the Sustainability Standard
This video is part of an on-demand series that provides guidance for quarriers and producers who are in the process of certifying to the Natural Stone Sustainability Standard.
- Receive an overview of the documentation that is required to achieve this section.
- Preview data collection templates.
- Obtain useful tips and examples for completing this section properly and efficiently.
The Water section contains the following credits:
- Water Reduction Planning (required)
- Water Recycling
- Required: A minimum of 25% of the water accounted for in the water inventory for processing and quarry operations shall be captured and recycled
- Optional: 85%+
- Optional 95%+
- Enhanced Water Treatment (required)
- Optional: Diversion of 50%+ of sludge
- Optional: Input water sourced from rainwater, grey water, or other nonpotable source
To learn more, visit https://naturalstoneinstitute.org/sustainability.