Spring 2022 Building Stone Magazine - Case Studies in Natural Stone
Non-Member Price: FREE
Through editorials, photographs, and illustrations presented in this issue of Building Stone Magazine, explore all facets of building with natural stone. From geology to stone selection, and conceptualized design to project installation, you will discover the possibilities and successes this versatile material can offer. Not only does natural stone provide a history of art and beauty, it also satisfies many green building goals through its inherent sustainable attributes and testament of durability.
- Case studies will show how the quarrier, designer, and installer all work together to achieve an aesthetically pleasing final product for the consumer that both matches their creative desires and supports their wellbeing.
- Realize how the history of natural stone is intertwined with that of civilization: explore the impact it has had on health, shelter, and creative expression for thousands of years.
- A thorough look at the manufacturing impact of both natural stone and manmade materials will highlight the sustainable goals that can be achieved by selecting natural stone for projects: a true product of mother nature.
- Understand how the technical specifics of a project vary with different natural stones, and how these attributes are utilized to enhance the aesthetic design and durability for the consumer.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA NSI83, 2 LU|HSW
- LACES: NSIBSM83, 2 LU|HSW PDH
In order to receive credit, you must complete the exam with at least 80% correct answers.