Virtual Quarry Tour: Vetter Stone
This one-hour virtual experience will feature an active limestone quarry and allow you to see the stone in its original environment. Discover the history of the Vetter Stone quarry, the geological components of the stone, and what makes it unique to this site. Stone professionals will provide technical information concerning stone installation, and you will discover creative applications and opportunities with a designer. Join us and connect with nature’s oldest building material!
- An overview of an operating limestone quarry, and its history will highlight natural stone’s durability and sustainability and exemplify that utilizing natural stone in projects can benefit both user and nature.
- Discover the geological composition of the limestone harvested from an active quarry and the testing specifications available to ensure its properties are an accurate fit for certain installations and design.
- By providing installation examples and recommendations from a technical stone professional, the attendee will gain an understanding of the stone’s attributes and its performance in specific environments for optimal performance.
- n overview of the limestone utilized in creative projects by a design professional will highlight aesthetic success in past installations and provide insight for future creative opportunities for the consumer.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA : NSISE86-OD, 1 LU|HSW
- LACES: NSISE86-OD, 5.1, 0.1 HSW CEU