Using Natural Stone to Lower Your Project’s Embodied Carbon
Thanks to a recently published set of industry-wide EPDs for natural stone products, we now know that it has a low global warming potential (GWP). There are many parts of todays interior, exterior, and landscape projects that can easily substitute natural stone for higher embodied carbon materials. Our panel of architects and landscape architects share why and how, siting recent project case studies.
- Review results of recently published industry-wide Environmental Product Declarations for natural stone cladding, flooring/paving, and countertops.
- Identify common areas in interior, exterior, and landscape projects where natural stone is under-utilized.
- Explore case studies which provide specific examples of reduced embodied carbon by utilizing more natural stone
- Get familiar with inspirational projects featuring natural stone materials.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA : NSI-GB01 (OD) , 1 LU|HSW
- LACES: NSI-GB01 (OD, 1 LU|HSW PDH