Material Handling and Flatbed Trucks
Available Until: 12/31/2030
Non-Member Price: FREE
When handling slabs in a controlled environment like a warehouse, distribution center, outdoor slab storage yard or fabrication facility, you have the benefit of familiarity both with the environment and associated personnel. Take the show on the road to another stone facility or job site and it is an entirely different story. This session will discuss elements you should consider when loading and unloading flatbed trucks at a jobsite or distribution center.
Learning Objectives - at the end of this segment you should be able to:
- Know what preparation steps should be taken specific to weather, weight of the load, and the ground surface for the truck.
- Understand the flatbed truck loading procedures.
- Understand how to unload slabs from a flatbed truck at a customer’s location.
- Recognize a number of hazards that can occur when unloading at a customer’s location and how to avoid them.
- Understand that there is no place for complacency in the stone industry.
Para ver la versión en Español de este curso, haga clic aquí.