Safety- Material Handling Containers
Available Until: 12/31/2020
Non-Member Price: FREE
One of the most dangerous activities in the stone industry involves unloading a container of slabs at your place of business. Because the container holds multiple slabs, there are several opportunities for accidents to happen if the unloading process is not precisely correct. This module will review the best practices for extracting materials from containers.
Learning Objectives: At the close of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify pre-inspection steps that should be taken with each bundle, including a careful review of the fall shadow.
- Recognize a number of unloading safety tips.
- Understand the basic unloading principles used when extracting bundles from a container.
- Learn how to move a bundle with a forklift.
- Recognize a number of hazards that can occur and how to avoid them.
- Understand that there is no place for complacency in the stone industry.
Para ver la versión en Español de este curso, haga clic aquí.