Stone Tolerance & Quality Control
Non-Member Price: $50.00
Member Price: FREE
Design Community: FREE
When installing construction components such as natural stone, tolerances are key—nothing in construction is exact. The challenge then is to define that limit that differentiates between “close enough” and “not close enough,” which are referred to as “within tolerance” and “outside of tolerance.” Documented, consensus tolerances within the industry define those limits, and unnecessary discussion and arguments can be avoided just by ensuring that all project participants are aware of the published tolerances of the industry.
- Learn of the achievable accuracies of modern stone fabrication technology and the opportunities they offer in creative design and aesthetics.
- Become aware of where to access published tolerances for natural stone products and installation to be adequately prepared for successful project discussions with all participants.
- Clarify the hierarchy of construction documents to identify the dominant documents in case of conflicts.
- Understand how and when to create project specific tolerances in cases where the published tolerances may be inadequate or unnecessarily restrictive.
This course has been approved for CEU credit through the following organizations:
- AIA: NSISE78-OD, 1 LU|HSW
- LACES: NSISELA78-OD,1.0 HSW PDH