Safe Slab Handling: Containers
One of the most dangerous activities in the stone industry involves unloading a container of slabs at your place of business. Because the container holds multiple slabs, there are several opportunities for accidents to happen if the unloading process is not precisely correct. This session will review the best practices for extracting materials from containers.
- Identify pre-inspection steps that should be taken with each bundle, including a careful review of the fall shadow.
- Review unloading safety tips.
- Understand the basic unloading principles used when extracting bundles from a container.
- Learn how to move a bundle with a forklift.
- Recognize hazards that can occur and how to avoid them.
- Understand that there is no place for complacency in the stone industry.
To access this part of the curriculum, use the button on the left to 'Add to My Courses' or 'See in My Library'.