Safe Slab Handling: Flatbed Trucks
When handling slabs in a controlled environment like a warehouse, distribution center, outdoor slab storage yard or fabrication facility, you have the benefit of familiarity both with the environment and associated personnel. Take the show on the road to another stone facility or job site and it is an entirely different story. This session will discuss elements you should consider when loading and unloading flatbed trucks at a jobsite or distribution center.
- Know what preparation steps should be taken specific to weather, weight of the load, and the ground surface for the truck.
- Understand flatbed truck loading procedures.
- Understand how to unload slabs from a flatbed truck at a customer’s location.
- Recognize hazards that can occur when unloading at a customer’s location and how to avoid them.
- Understand that there is no place for complacency in the stone industry.
To access this part of the curriculum, use the button on the left to 'Add to My Courses' or 'See in My Library'.